Sunday 15 March 2009

Me and my Muse

It's funny, a week ago I wrote a post worrying about blogger's block as I seemed to have dried up on ideas to write about. Then, last night I'm at the PC trying to work on my novel when my Muse kicked in and bombarded me with more blog ideas than I know what to do with, she (for I instinctively know she is feminine) was interrupting me so much I made little progress on the fiction. The interesting thing was that I was actually partaking of an exercise to kick-start my Muse, but she decided that blogging was far more fun. The secret is that I don't much care at the moment, as long as I'm writing. You see the more I write, the more I feel like a writer. I just love sitting down at the keyboard or balancing my notebooks on my lap and seeing words flow from my fingers like magic. It makes me feel great! I think my Muse knows this. She is after all privvy to my unconscious thought. We all have a Muse inside us but modern technology and scientific-driven lives make us question too much so we don't often react when they start talking to us, pushing us in certain directions. I'm a strong believer in following gut instinct. If you don't believe me, read a book called Blink by Malcolm Gladwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...