Sunday 13 June 2010

Come relax in my garden


Don't you love this time of year when a brush against a tree leaves your hair full of blossom? When the breeze that whispers through the garden picks up the scents of roses and brushes it like a warm caress across your cheek? I seem to have come over very romantic!

My entry for this week's Inspiration Avenue 'Summer Fun & Relaxation' challenge. Well, I can't think of anything more relaxing then painting in the garden which is what I did. (We're keeping the romantic theme going despite the fact that running about after flyaway papers was not in keeping with peace and tranquility).

How this piece came about was fun anyway. I found a beautiful picture in a magazine of a green glass bowl of summer berries layered with cream. How perfect! I painted myself a green background then transferred the image on top. It was fine, but I didn't quite know what to do with it. I wanted to paint! So, I just had fun with the paint and swirled and scraped and brushed enjoying the feel of the medium and the freedom of expression. The painting became an abstract of my garden - what you'd see if you dived in the flower beds after a glass or two of bubbly alcohol.

I dribbled some inks and was happy with the result. But... I couldn't resist a small play in Photoshop so layered in a couple of photographs I took of the garden last weekend. They are quite subtle. I used some soft light overlay and brought down the opacity...



Then I cropped. And this is the result. What do you think? Do you feel like relaxing in my summer garden?
(It helps to enlarge the pictures)

11 comments:

  1. Very interesting picture, it turned out very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Lisa! It's a wild and crazy summer!

    Got your pic in the challenge post on IA, but I copied the first pic before I saw this one :(

    I'm off right now to put your cropped one in instead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the cropped one even better. It looks like birds and trees and leaves all in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I most certainly would!! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful, aand I LOVE that it is of your garden- very Summery indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa it's beautiful - full of freedom and light! It feels like a summer's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I would and I bet it is beautiful. I feel as if I'm going through the time zone now. Taking my down the rabbit hole. So fun! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed by all the little details of your piece. As I read about each decision you made I scrolled back up to the piece and let your words take me deeper and deeper-lovly work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this art work! The colors and texture grab me and I just want to keep looking at it. :) And I really like the look of your blog! Flying lesson have been over the top in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I want to be in your Garden! It's magical :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous painting, Lisa! The colors all swirled like that make me think of the potpourri of a garden. Magical.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...