Friday 25 March 2011

Spring is sprung



Some nice music to listen to on the YouTube link below

Here in the UK we have had a real taste of Spring these past few days. Warm, unbroken sunshine making all the blossom pop out and wave a cheerful hello. Birds are singing, ladybirds are quite literally swarming all over the garden and even a couple of wasps have flown indoors to greet me after their winter's nap (I showed them the way out swiftly).

My favourite flower is the tulip, most notably the fluffy parrot variety. I've got lots in bud outside but none yet in flower, so we'll make do with these I grew and photographed a couple of years ago. Of course the original pic had bits of brick wall and even a distant shot of the freezer in my kitchen it. But with a bit of flick and flutter in PhotoShop and the application of a few Kim Klassen textures, we have this piece. I was rather chuffed how it turned out.

If you want to see more then spring over to Inspiration Avenue for their weekly challenge.





15 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you, Lisa! We had Spring last month, and now we're back to Winter. :( Thanks for sharing you lovely tulip image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa..wow..gorgeous tulips...thankou for the beautiful color-rush!! wonderful and I love the music..and so appreciate the piano..being one of my first loves!have a wonderful day!
    HUgs and sparkles my shining friend!!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful silky pinkness - have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and chuffed you should be!!! Perfect picture of Spring! I love the way you softened them up and made them pop out all on their own against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shot of the tulip. Glad to know that you're enjoying a change of season. We too here, but for winter ... all dark, grey and wet. Perfect weather for staying indoor to work on creative projects! ;)

    Thanks for such wonderful comment to my latest sketch work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes the UK weather's been glorious this week (for a change lol)!

    I adore tulips too and yours are fabulous Lisa - all billowy and bursting with colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these may be a couple of years old, but they sure look brand new and beautiful to me. I love them like they were picked this morning. Sounds like the UK weather is far better than what I've had to deal with this week. Right now, it's in the mid 30s F here and I would love some of that beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers. I am trying to paint flowers more freely. Practice, practice. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful tulips! I love them as well and am always happy when they appear in my yard. I don't plant them in front of the house anymore since the deer always eat them!
    Isn't it fun to play around with Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a bit envious that you are fully into spring already in the UK! Just kidding, someone might as well have it...

    These are beautiful red tulips, and I love what you've done with them. Love their ruffly edges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower too! Wouldn't this be the perfect picture for Stephanie to paint...she is the Queen of tulips in my opinion!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Were these the inspiration for the Tulip postcards you made? Happy Spring to you dear Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty in Pink! We'll be bursting out in spring any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These red tulips are beautiful! They give me hope for Spring :-)

    Have a sunny week!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...