Saturday 27 August 2011

Liberated

Earlier this Summer I posted 5 (+1)* identical postcards of my art to Kat Sloma so that she could send them out across the world on adventures to meet new people. Over 170 other artists across 13 countries performed the same postal ritual.

The bags of global postal workers suddenly got heavier and hands were clapped in joy as bright colour sat atop the drear of the bills.

Now we are gathering to share the fruits of our doormats and since this was an exercise of Art Liberation, I decided that rather than just post scans of what I'd been sent, I would use them to create more art. Both sides of postcards were scanned and overlaid in PhotoShop to make more pretty pictures.

We're blog-hopping this weekend to share our haul. I'll be interested to see where my picture of Flavia is now!

I didn't have a link to respond to everyone, so let me use this opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU - especially to Kat whose hard work and dedication made it all happen.
Based on Kat's postcard

 Based on Susie's postcard

Based on Hilary's postcard

Based on Lara Jones' postcard

Based on Claudia's postcard

Based on Martha Brown's postcard


* one for Kat too of course!


17 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I love that you created more beautiful art from those inspirations you received. What a great idea! This blog hop is sure fun to see how this fabulous art was liberated out into the world
    *Marji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! You received some lovely artwork in your mailbox too!! Wasn't this so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you transformed these! What a wonderful idea. It's so cool to have you participate in the swap, and everytime I look at Flavia I think of you, painting with you in Flora Bowley's class. So glad to know you in "real life" in addition to blog land now. Thank you for linking in to the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post was fun to read. I am glad my postcard came to you and got transformed! It has been fun hopping around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some fun postcards! :) And what a wonderful way to make more art. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun you had with the postcards. I got one from Susie too! I love your site and your work. Have fun exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color overlays that you've added are delicious! The creativity keeps rolling forward here:) This was the best exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I am enjoying this trip looking at everyone's art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful. I love what you did with these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely concept, and it looks like you received a great collection of individual work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello... nice to meet you :]
    These are fantastic, simply lovely.
    Thank you for sharing, enjoyed my visit.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...what a fabulous post...all mega-beautiful!! AWesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure looked like fun! Any mail that is not a bill...with the personal touch of a blogger in common....sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Juana
    Hopping across from Kent, England on the Liberate Your Art 'lily pad' to say 'Hello'. I like that you made art from art. I checked out your Arthouse book too, left a comment. Mine's online now, if you want a peek: http://www.arthousecoop.com/library/5186
    We will be touring together again in the 2012 Sketchbook tour.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry, I think I've confused you with someone else! Nonetheless, I like your art from art cards!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Lisa! Love what you created with your lovely haul! So good to hear from you and to reconnect. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...