Thursday 8 November 2012

Still


Well, it's been quite hectic not joining in with Art Every Day this month. So far, I've been painting, drawing, preparing backgrounds, experimenting and generally getting very paint splattered. It's amazing how sometimes we need to lift the pressure to set ourselves free.

Normally I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of girl. I'm a deadline thriver. Lately though, I knew I had to slow down and it has been really good for me.

The spark is glimmering that much more brightly and I feel a zing running through my batteries. The trick now will be to keep it there, fan the flames and harness all that warmth and energy in a healthy way - without getting burnt!

Now I know when I said I was experimenting, you might not think that these two ladies look much different to my usual style. The 'face on old book page' has become a bit of a signature of mine - in fact, it was Art Every Day Month this time last year that set me on this particular storyline in the first place.

Well, they are not the experimental results... you'll have to wait until tomorrow for those. I'm saving the best for Paint Party Friday!

There is a new richness in these ones anyway - achieved through my new-found fascination with the Derwent Inktense pencil.


3 comments:

  1. you are a tease ...now I want to see the experimental phase... these look awesome so it is going to be exciting I am sure...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty girl your first one. very sepcial and beautiful. Love it.
    I love to see more
    lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the deep colours of the second girl. Inktense are my favourites, they are so versatile, and the colours so intense.

    First lady is also great. I always like the way you paint them on book pages - it's as if her thoughts are almost visible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...