Thursday 31 October 2013

Venus favours the bold


Two years ago eight artists decided to share their art in a round robin art journal. Two years and two books later I've just finished the final pages in Tammy's journal which is now winging its way back to the southern US of A.

It has been an adventure! Every month an ever-growing art gallery has been dropping through my letterbox. Each parcel bursting with layers of paint, collage and above all love.

I know I wasn't the only one to struggle a little with these final pages. I'm not sure if it was the pressure of seeing all that amazing art that I felt I had to match, or just knowing that once this one went in the post we were all finished... I certainly don't want this collaboration to end. Shall we do another one next year ladies? Please say yes!

So, onto my pages... Tammy chose the colour theme of black, white & tan.

I started Venus before watching Lady GaGa doing her own interpretation in her undies on the X Factor at the weekend. Bonkers was the first adjective that came to mind - along with a healthy dose of respect for a woman who just does what she wants! You see, I do think a bit of bonkers is good for the soul!

It was the print of Botticelli's version at the back of Tammy's journal that provided the inspiration for this piece - rather than the scallop shell bra.



I thought that Jennifer's quote was particularly appropriate for this project:

"You know when I feel inwardly beautiful? When I am with my girlfriends and we are having a Goddess Circle."

As Ovid said - Venus does indeed favour the bold as indeed does fortune and both have done Lady G a bit of good.

I'd been saving these pages for a while to collage with...

 
My tag to add to the collection...

 
Perfect colour scheme for this owl - plus a real owl feather.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Your Venus is beautiful, Lisa! What a perfect way to end the book...the last is certainly not the least! The quote is indeed perfect, I am going to jot it down for myself. And your ode to Tammy with the collage and an owl too...I think everything turned out so remarkably, it doesn't show any struggle at all...a feeling I am sharing right at this moment.
    Just gorgeous work, my friend...and yes, let's do it again! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a privilege it will be to hold such gorgeous art work between the covers of my art journal. WOW! You flew with your muse and did an amazing job on your Venus or rather my Venus. =) Yay me! I love the look in her eyes and her beautiful golden locks. The owl is so great! You know I love nature, most especially birds and feathers. Orvid's quote is great! Thank you so much for sharing yourself with me. I feel very honored. Yes please, let's do another Round Robin. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always have been inspired by Botticelli's Venus. Your version perfect. Also love that you included the owl's feather. :-) HOW EXCITING. We are going to get our books back soon. Would love to continue this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW- this was like candy for the soul....I LOVE the Ovid quote and Jennifer's words are quite profound as well.....love, LOVE, love your Venus (so perfect for Tammy ;-)) AND the owl and as always, your amazing layers of collage! I feel so lucky to be part of this incredible group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a gorgeous and beautiful work. I love this very much. The quote is also wonderful.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work all... gorgeous owl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Venus is stunningly beautiful & to me she has a little of Tammy about her, was that intentional? Your collage, with its many inspirational elements, looks gorgeous. And then the owl.....oh I love this owl, so adorable! Fabulous pages that Tammy is sure to treasure and adore.

    And, yes from me, if we don't do another project I'd be very depressed. I want to keep going until we are all at least in our 90s and even after that if we're lucky to live that long!!!!

    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...