Thursday 2 January 2014

My word ... COLLABORATE


Last year my word of the year was 'Rhubarb' - a fruity choice but not terribly conducive to following any form of set direction. In fact, I would go so far as to say that many of my goals 'crumbled' due to such a lack of binding substance.

This will not happen in 2014. No No No...

The year, albeit only two days old has already begun with a differing outlook - a barrel-load of commitment and a rolling stone of change!

My word is COLLABORATE.

Here's how I see it going:

Business
I work OK on my own, but it's when I'm teamed up with others that I shine. I love to get my teeth into new projects and sprinkle them with ideas and possibilities. I bring creativity, enthusiasm, knowledge, entrepreneurship, companionship and a bit of sparkle. Likewise, those I work with light the fire within me, give me the courage to push beyond comfortable boundaries and deliver promised results. Collaboration gives accountability and drives productivity. I want more! Are you looking for a partner to help you deliver in 2014?

Pleasure
Being a part of something special makes my soul bloom. For the past two years I have worked with other artists on collaborative projects and watched with delight as we have all put out our shoots and grown together. This is set to continue with projects underway and plans unfolding - but I dream of more! I have the germ of an idea seeding within me which I hope to share soon ... watch this space!

A word of caution to myself
I do like to say a big fat "Yes" to exciting invitations - it is, after all, the path to adventure. However, as I have learnt to my cost in the past, there are only so many balls I can simultaneously juggle. This is my little word of caution not to overload at any one time... Listen carefully Lisa and choose wisely!

Anti-
Before I go, might I share my anti work of the year - the one that I'm trying my level best to not only avoid, but fight against. I am preparing my defences against the might of the dreaded demon Procrastination. May it beaten into submission once and for all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa.....Amazing, it's as if you read my mind. I'm sure there are many other Artist out there with the same desires of collaboration and the need to defeat the procrastination, I know I am right there with you. Sisters for sure! and my maiden name was Wright, how funny is that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word Lisa! I can see that it could be a fabulous influence on 2014.

    Mine for 2014 is INVEST. It is an incredibly common word to me, yet the more I think about it, the more its depth and impact call to me.

    To a great 2014!
    xo
    EVA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was still laughing when I came to this post, but trying to be serious about your WORD FOR THE YEAR...but then you had me blowing wine up my nose with RHUBARB! LOLOLOLOL...too funny for me, I must breathe.

    Great word though and very closely related to my word, which came to me in a dream new years eve...unity...
    we are on the same page it seems.
    You write the comedy and I'll laugh...sounds like a collaboration...
    and a unity,
    Love you Girlfriend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...